Monday, May 18, 2009

Bike Swap fun!

It was a pleasure to meet like minded cyclists as well as old friends at the BCM bike swap.  The opening sales rush from 10am-11am was very intense!  If you did not get there early then you most likely missed out on a great deal.  Thanks to the Bicycle Coalition of Maine for putting on another great bicycle swap.  I heard there were almost 2000 people there and they made a lot of money for their bicycle advocacy efforts.  As for me, I had considerable interest in the cargo bike and handed out many business cards to excited cyclists.  
Judging by the prices people were asking for the bikes they were selling, I guess I was not pricing my bike high enough for the market.  My friend and I sold 2 bikes before they even got into the door of the swap.  I guess great bikes at great prices sell fast!