Friday, September 7, 2012

Racing again...

I decided I was convinced that I ought to join my friends and participate in the 6th annual 12 Hours of Bradbury MTB race.  It only took me a moment to do the arithmetic to realize that it would be far less riding then the last time I raced at Bradbury.  Last time it was 36 miles of solo, singlespeed pain.  With 3 other teammates I'll only have to do three 6.9 mile laps.  It will still be on a singlespeed,  and yes, I was voted to be the one who does the 12 O'clock Costume lap, but I'm sure it will be less suffering and equal amounts of fun.

I guess I should put some air in my "race" bikes' tires.  I also have to find my Where's Waldo costume...

These pictures are from a while ago and are actually from the Kingdom Trails in VT, not Bradbury.  The bike has changed a bit since then, but it's similar to how I'll be riding it at Bradbury.