Wednesday, November 23, 2016

2 year gap-bicycle musical chairs!

It's been two years since I took a peek at this blog.  Lots of bikes have come and gone in the meantime.  I guess I should devote individual posts to some of the more noteworthy ones.  If I had to sum up the direction my cycling has taken I'd say that 90% of it is now related to fatter tires.  Fat tires on Fatbikes, fatter tires on "Plus" bikes, fatter tires on "old" 26'' bikes and kids bikes.  Heck, I've even moved to fat tires on my "road" bikes-more of an "all road" bike that is trendy now.  I've been running 32c on 700's for years, but now I'm also trying out 650b in 42c and 26'' in 2.3'' slicks.  It's been an adventure and lots of fun.  I can easily say that large volume supple tires are here to stay and will change cycling for the better.