Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Krampus went to Italy.

My Krampus went to Italy a full season before my daily took a vacation there.  The backstory: After riding the NEMBAfest in 2015 I came to the conclusion that I was not getting any younger.  I can still ride fast and have fun hopping over technical terrain, but I'm much more sore the next day.  I figured that after riding single speed for over 16 years it was time to add gears...and a front shock.

Coincidentally, Surly dropped the bomb that they were releasing a fat bike that had Krampus styled geometry that was narrower then the ICT.  Enter the Wednesday.  Since I had a Pugsley I felt that he should have a bike sister.  I began plotting the funds to snag a Wednesday frame set.  The major source of the funds came from Krampus.  I could run 29+ on Wednesday so Krampus had to go.  A buyer from Italy contacted me and we worked out a deal and off Krampus went!

Farewell Krampus! A wonderful time was had while it lasted, and I'll never forget the shine of the Moonlit Swamp color.